At Attitudes Hair Salon Marietta GA, we are committed to helping you look and feel your best and we believe that healthy hair care is an essential part of a healthy lifestyle. In order to achieve the most beautiful and healthy results.
Every decade brings new hair styles and trends and someone has got to stay on top of it all. Who keeps tabs on the latest looks, learning to cut, style and even create them? Look no further than hairstylists and hairdressers. Regardless of what is in--long or short, feathered fringes or shags--hairstylists are the people who snip, clip, and flip our hair into the newest styles and shapes.
Trained to handle a variety of hair types, a good stylist can transform a client’s drab, shapeless, and unflattering hair into a shiny beautiful and flattering style. Hair stylists must have a flair for design and an understanding of fashion.
In the course of a day, a hairstylist’s duties can involve not only shampooing, cutting, perming, and blow-drying hair, but performing corrective coloring, straightening curly or kinky hair, or perming and crimping straight hair. Stylists must also clean up before and after each service is performed. Many stylists also sell hair products and other cosmetic supplies.
Traditionally, hair stylists worked with women, while men went to barbers. Increasingly, however, stylists work with men as well as women and must be expert in both kinds of cutting and styling.
How they spend their time:
- Talking to clients to find out what kind of style they want
- Deciding how to achieve a look that will be both flattering and what the client wants
- Shampooing, cutting, styling, perming, and coloring hair
- Advising clients on hair care
- Recommending the right hair care products for each client.
- Attending ongoing training classes in fashion, technique, and product use